Baths, part of a store building and an adjacent cistern were excavated by Lugli in the 1930's and by Scrinari in the 1980's. These structures are a bit to the north of the Horrea Baths on a location known as Monte Giulio. The baths and store building were built during the reign of Claudius and repaired after earthquakes. Most of the present structures belong to the early fourth century.
Plan of the baths.
General view of the baths. Photograph: Jan Theo Bakker.
A room near the baths facing the basin of Claudius.
The thin white layer on the lower part of the walls is the result of the action of the seawater.
Photograph: Jan Theo Bakker.